Hey y’all! My name is Katie Roush and I’m the book-loving girl behind this blog. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and a Master’s Degree in Language and Literacy. After 5 years in the classroom, I now work alongside our building’s amazing teachers as the Reading Coach in the same Title I School where I started my career.
I met my husband more than a decade ago and since then he has been the perfect partner for me! We have an almost three year old son named Guy. We are water lovers and spend most weekends at the lake sailing or swimming.
Why did I decide to start a blog about books?
- As a Reading Coach, I talk about books all day long. It’s truly the perfect job for me!
- I LOVE to teach children to read. Since stepping out of the classroom I have felt a deep void that I have filled by becoming our school’s “book dealer.” I am constantly sharing personalized book recommendations for students and teachers.
- Confession: I have not always loved to read. I found a love a reading once I became a teacher. Seeing the excitement on my student’s faces when they heard a story they loved inspired me to do the same for myself.
- I don’t believe anyone doesn’t like to read, I believe they haven’t found the right book yet.
Books are amazing. They give us the opportunity to travel to places we may never visit, experience cultures we may never meet, and live through time periods we cannot reach. As your resident book matchmaker, I hope to help you find your soulmate – a book that will light a fire of inspiration under you.
Random Facts About ME:
- I am an older sister. Jordan is 15-months younger than me and is my absolute world! You will probably hear me talk about her a lot. She is a huge inspiration to me!
- I believe polka dots are a neutral.
- I’m obsessed with true crime. It definitely causes me anxiety, but I’m addicted… help!
- I have a weakness for reality TV.
- I am a total nerd (#LifeLongLearner!) and pretty much exclusively listen to podcasts.
- My sister has inspired me to sew more (mostly baby quilts and tote bags). I hope to be half as good as she is one day.
I am so happy you found my little slice of the internet. Grab a warm cup of coffee (or tea!), slide on your favorite cozy slippers, and let’s find your next great read!
Let’s stay in touch! Follow my journey by subscribing to this blog and following along on Instagram.